This post is sponsored by Wayfair.
My friends at Wayfair let me in a on grand experiment. So I’m here today to start the process of making my multi-use room more cohesive using an area rug. Essentially, I’m taking it from rug to room!
Oh, my multi-use room.
I’ve been so frustrated with it. I’m such a proud homeowner, that I really want all my spaces to be perfect and beautiful. I clean constantly, and it’s important for me to have a house that can host company even if it’s a surprise.
That mentality is exactly what makes that room so frustrating. It is a hot mess, even when it’s picked up. I’ve been working for months to make it more cohesive while still serving all its purposes.
So those are the bones of the multi-use room. Yeah, probably way too many colors.
My husband suggested that I just scrap everything in it and start over. But I really love some of those things. Like the green – that’s an antique dresser. I don’t know yet how to make it work, but it is beautiful. That’s use number one of the room: it’s my wardrobe.
I really love my writing table. I rebelled against those uggo computer desks about 10 years ago and haven’t looked back. And the chaise! I’ve been after a luxurious grey chaise for years now. It’s like a dream to finally have one.
One of my major goals with the multi-use room is to have a nice place to read and write. My mother-in-law bought use the Life Is Beautiful pillow for our wedding celebration. I LOVE IT. It’s on the chaise. So pretty.
On top of wanting the relaxation and work space, I also work out in there. My TRX unit is currently used over the door (the yellow and black in the other colors). I’ll be installing a ceiling anchor for it soon.
I also recently painted the walls radiant orchid. It is gorgeous. Passionate and warm. I feel invigorated every time I walk in that room. The orchid color play so nicely with the while floor boards and the honey-colored hardwood floors.
Let’s recap. This room is used for my wardrobe, working, reading, writing, and working out. Wow. And it’s not a particularly large room.
So there is my dilemma. I need to bring some cohesion to this room. I’d love to pick up on some of the furniture colors and connect everything. An area rug is clearly where I need to be.
These are my colorful options!
1) Cinzia Beige Abstract Rug. This gorgeous rug touches on all the colors and plays nicely off the wall color.
2) Foreign Accents Boardwalk Off White Multi Rug. Right? I feel like this one could connect the room and still be bold and colorful.
3) Oriental Weavers Revival Teal Rug. I have a think for this color against the honey-colored floor and that orchid. It is so damn pretty.
My neutral options.
4) So elegant. The Safavieh Courtyard Anthracite Beige Outdoor Rug. Yeah, outdoor rug. They have that great backing making them non-slip, which could be fantastic for workouts.
5) I realize this rug (the Feizy Rugs Indochine Cream Rug) is a dream, but hot damn, it’s a nice dream to have. Can you even imagine the luxury? Shit, I’d probably end up clearing out the whole room and just livin on this fluffly, soft rug of dreams.
6)After really looking at everything, I like this rug the best. The Surya Nuage Black Rug is hip and arty.
What do you guys think, a colorful rug or a neutral rug to pull this room together? I know I can take this from rug to room, if I just get the right one.
Oh, and by the way kids, just because you are fabulous human beings, Wayfair has given me a promo code (which they NEVER do) for you to get 15% off your area rug purchase.
This promo code is valid only from July 31- Aug. 4, 2014
and it must be used on area rugs
The code is: RUGLUV44
Be sure to comment and tell me your room struggles and what kind of rug you’d pick. Head on over!