The above picture probably warms your heart. Gives you a feeling of nostalgia or happiness for those moments in life of beaming joy.
When I look at that picture all I see are teeth. Teeth that want to bite the momma. And the Honey Duncan is apparently part pit bull, because once that jaw locks on, it’s over.
Now, there are several disturbing things about this so-called “normal” phase in baby development:
1. He is only biting ME!
2. That’s seriously messed up.
3. He actually grabs my hand and creates the opportunity to bite. So it’s premeditated.
4. He’s clearly baby Hitler.
5. He bit my face! Now, I’m not all that fabulous to look at, but dayumn, I don’t want any baby biting my face. I’m gonna end up looking like Seal or something.
6. Sorry Seal.
7. The worst part of all, is that I don’t have a good resource to go to for help in this matter. Baby Center is crap. Everyone glosses over it like I created the problem.
8. I did not create the problem. I have NEVER play bitten Duncan or ever encouraged biting.
9. Did I mention he’s only biting me? And that he bit my face!? My face!
10. I’m not going to bite him back, so what am I to do?
There’s a Mama Wisdom class at The Mother’hood tonight, but I don’t want to go and hijack the whole discussion on what to do about Dracula.
So to the internets it is! Moms, what do you do when your baby bites?