All the rage right now is is Unicorn Hot Cocoa. Well, I wanted to try it out but I wasn’t willing to do the whole heavy whipping cream with powdered sugar thing to make colored whipped cream.
So I took a short cut. And the results!
I’m gonna say it came out great!
Are you ready? This is the simplest way to make Unicorn Hot Chocolate.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 box of lucky charms for the marshmallows
- 1 small bottle of rainbow sprinkles
- Your choice of food coloring (red, green and blue all look great) Or use them all like I did
- 1 bag of either mini white or colored marshmallows (we used the lucky charms because we couldn’t find the colored marshmallows)
- Hot cocoa (Swiss Miss powder packs are fine)
- Hot water
- Optional: those adorbs hazelnut chocolate filled tube cookie things
- Cool Whip
- A spoon or few
So the big trick is to put a couple drops food coloring into the Cool Whip and stir it up. Then just start piling it all on the hot chocolate.
There are no rules, so just have fun with it. Now, the hot cocoa will melt the whipped cream, so be sure to toss a paper plate or saucer (if you’re fancy) under the cup.
Note the green pouring down the side. My co-worker was holding a paper plate just below me so we didn’t make a huge mess. I also needed both a spoon and a straw to enjoy the delicious and sugar loaded delight,
I’m pretty sure this will be our new Christmas Eve tradition. It is too much fun not to do with the kiddo. And seriously! Those pics. Am I right?